The manual cleaning step is a crucial part in the reprocessing of flexible endoscopes and endoscopic accessories used in gastrointestinal endoscopy.
All types of endoscopes require meticulous cleaning prior to placing into an Endoscope Washer Disinfector (EWD) or Automated Endoscope Reprocessor (AER). The manual cleaning includes the following steps:
- Bedside Cleaning solutions for a fast pre-cleaning of the endoscope after a procedure
- Bedside cleaning after an endoscopic procedure using wipes and detergent solution.
- Leak testing using a leak tester to assure the endoscope is not damaged. This step should be performed before any further cleaning step.
- Full immersion of an endoscope in a detergent or decontaminant solution.
- Careful cleaning and brushing of the endoscope channels with a single use brush.
CANTEL manufactures a full portfolio of bedside and cleaning & disinfection solutions.