Download the Cantel Augmented Reality App and virtually design your reprocessing department
Have you ever wondered what it would look like to have a Cantel Automated Endoscope Reprocessor and Drying & Storage System in your endoscopy department? Well, we worked on that and are proud to introduce the Cantel Augmented Reality App to you.
With our Augmented Reality App you can now place a virtual AER or Drying and Storage cabinet in your real life endoscopy department. This App enables you to get an idea of what it looks like to work with our equipment. You can place multiple units of the same machines in a room to see how many fit in, or you can make a complete workflow by combining the different systems
Download it now and have a look yourself!
What can you do with the Cantel AR App?
You can now virtually design your endoscope reprocessing department with the Cantel AR App. You can place a virtual AER or Drying and Storage cabinet in your endoscopy department. This enables you to have an idea of what it looks like when working with our equipment. The Cantel Augmented Reality App enables us to introduce the new RAPID Workflow in your reprocessing department. The RAPID Workflow is the future of endoscope reprocessing, drying and storage and can now be virtually placed into your department! Give it a try, because a new world opens for you! Make sure you always check your surroundings before usage!
To get an understanding of the possibilities, view the video or just download the Cantel AR App!
Cantel AR App video
Place multiple units of a machine.
Or combine into a workflow.
- What exactly is augmented reality?
Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive 3D experience that combines a view of the real world with computer-generated elements. AR is different from Virtual Reality (VR) in that VR is a completely self-contained environment, while AR layers computer elements alongside real objects in real time.
- How can I install the app?
Go to the App Store or the Google Play Store and search for ‘Cantel AR’. You can download the app free of charge.
- Does the app also work on a tablet?
Yes, the app works on tablets and smartphones.
- Does my phone support augmented reality?
Newer devices will have AR software already integrated into the phone. Make sure you are running iOS 11.0 on your iPhone or have the ARCore app installed from the Google Play Store. Requirements for ARCore for Android: Android 7.0 or later (some devices will need at least Android 8.0 in order for ARCore to work).
- How can I rotate one of the AR objects?
When you have the object in front of you, you can tap the object once to lift it. You will see a blue line appear under the object. With two fingers on the screen of your phone, you can rotate the object. To continue, tap the object once again to lower it.
- How can I move the object?
When you have the object in front of you, you can tap the object once to lift it. You will see a blue line appear under the object. You can then move the object using one finger on the screen to move backwards or to the side. To continue, tap the object once again to lower it.
- How can I zoom in on the object?
Move your mobile device towards the object to zoom in.
- How can I see one of the AR objects?
Select one of the machines and you will see the text: “Move your phone around to find a location to place the object”. Adjust your phone so that it is aimed at a flat surface until you see grey dots appear. Tap the dots to place the object.
- How can I view a reprocessing cycle?
First you have to place a "RapidAER" in your room. Then you press the "Play" button in the bottom of your screen. The washing chamber of the RapidAER closes and the cycle starts. You walk towards the machine with your device in front of you until you're almost standing in the machine. Move your device in or on top of the washing chamber to take a look inside. Move as close as you can to see more details.
- I can’t see the dots to place the object – what should I do?
Move your phone so it is aimed at a different type of surface and try again. A surface with some structure tends to be more suitable.
Version November 2021
The project was to show how various pieces of Cantel equipment look and how they possibly can be placed in a room or area. This Augmented Reality experience can give an idea of the options, but can’t be used as an exact guidance or replacement of construction and product drawings.
The Cantel Augmented Reality App is used to make some Cantel equipment visible (in e.g. the streetscape and/or field of vision) through AR.
The natural and/or legal person using the App.
The device used by the User, being a cell phone (the most recent version of Apple or Android) with AR functionality, GPS support and (internet) connection.
They are the conditions under which the App can be used.
- Privacy Statement:
The statement in which Cantel states how it handles the User's personal data.
Article 2 - Applicability
- Cantel, its employees, management and all (legal) persons it engages for the implementation of the App may rely on these Terms.
Article 3 - Use
- The User can download the App for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- The effectiveness of the App depends on the Device used by the User and in particular the software and operating system used on the Device, being the most recent versions of Apple and Android. The Device must have AR functionality and (sufficient) GPS support.
- In order to use the App, the User must have a Device with (internet) connection.
- The User is not permitted to copy, distribute, damage, overload, deassemble, compile, interfere with and/or impede the use and functioning of the App in any way.
- The User is not permitted to use the App in an improper manner or in a manner that could be detrimental to Cantel or its clients or third parties engaged by Cantel. This also applies to negative references to the App on social media.
- The User guarantees that he and his companions use the App safely, in compliance with laws and regulations and with consideration for the environment. In doing so, the risk of stepping backwards is explicitly pointed out, once the AR functionality is used. The User pays attention to his surroundings at all times.
- The User will not infringe on the rights of others. The User shall refrain from any activity that may result in injury, death, nuisance, damage or liability of any kind. The User shall indemnify Rocketeers against any third party claims arising in this regard.
- Cantel has the right at any time to modify the App, change and/or delete data, restrict the use of the App or deny the User access to the App in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently. Rocketeers also has the right to completely remove the App from the Apple App Store and Google Play upon the end of the Project.
- By downloading the App, the User represents and understands that:
- The use and installation of the App is entirely at the risk and expense of the User;
- Rocketeers cannot guarantee that the App will meet the User's needs;
- Rocketeers does not provide technical support;
- Rocketeers cannot guarantee that the App will be available and work on the Device without error, without defects, without viruses, without bugs and without interruptions;
- Rocketeers cannot guarantee the security of the App.
Article 4 - Automatic updates
- Rocketeers may release updates to the App. Updates include improved functionalities, patches, bug fixes and plugins. The User can specify via the settings on his device whether the updates will be installed automatically.
Rocketeers is not obliged to support old versions of the App and cannot guarantee their operation and availability. User agrees to receive and install automatic updates to the App.
Article 5 - Intellectual property rights
- Cantel or a third party engaged by Cantel is and will remain the owner of all pre-existing intellectual property rights relating to the App, including but not limited to copyrights on source code, logos, text images and other content.
- The User may not perform any acts that infringe upon or modify the intellectual property rights of Rocketeers and third parties engaged by it. It is expressly not permitted to copy or simplify the App and content without the prior written consent of Rocketeers.
Article 6 - Liability
- Rocketeers reserves the right to (un)announce temporary or permanent discontinuation of the App, without User being able to derive any rights from this.
- The possible liability of Rocketeers is limited to a maximum of € 1,000.00 (in words: one thousand euros) per event (whereby a series of related events counts as one event).
- Rocketeers is not liable for indirect damages arising out of or related to the installation and/or use of the App. Indirect damages include, but are not limited to, lost profits, loss of goodwill, reputation, lost savings and damage due to business interruption.
- In deviation from the statutory limitation periods, the limitation period for claims and defenses against Rocketeers is one year. A claim for compensation must be brought before the competent court under penalty of expiry within a period of one year after the User is aware of the damage or should be aware of it and suspects or could suspect that Rocketeers could be liable for it.
- The User shall indemnify Rocketeers against third party claims for damages arising from the use of the App.
- Rocketeers is not liable for damages of any kind, because Cantel has relied on inaccurate and/or incomplete data provided by User.
- Rocketeers is not liable for failures of the third parties it engages, except in the case of intent or gross negligence on the part of Rocketeers
- The limitations of liability do not apply if the damage is due to intent or deliberate recklessness on the part of Rocketeers or its managerial subordinates.
Article 7 - Measures around COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- The User undertakes to follow at all times the rules of the RIVM or other government agencies ("Rules") set in the context of limiting the spread of the coronavirus. Rocketeers is not responsible for enforcing these Rules. The User has its own responsibility.
- The User undertakes - subject to the provisions of Article 7.1 - to avoid crowded places and to maintain safe and appropriate contact with other users and other people in the (immediate) vicinity.
- The User is liable for direct and indirect damages arising from and/or related to the non-compliance with the Rules.
- Rocketeers is entitled to unilaterally amend the content of these Terms and Conditions of Use in the interim. In the event that Rocketeers proceeds to do so, it will notify the User thereof while simultaneously sending the amended Terms and Conditions of Use. The amended Terms and Conditions of Use take effect from the moment of publication via the App and/or the website cantelmedical.eu/in/ar-app/ or on such date as stated in the announcement.
- For the User, if the content of the Terms and Conditions is substantially changed, he has the option of dissolving the agreement.
Article 9 - Applicable law